Wednesday 10 May 2017

One More!

I made one more version of Vogue 9057. This Marcy Tilton top pattern is quickly becoming a go-to staple.  


I made similar changes to this one as I did to the previous one adding a little more flare to the bottom hem.  Instead of a 1 1/2" flare, this one has a 2" flare on each side. I would like to go back to the sewing machine and add lined patched pockets. 

I found this fabric at Fabricland a couple of months ago as a remnant sized piece in a bin of knits. No idea what the fibre content is on this one as it was stamped "unknown." I usually turn away from these type of non-labeled fabrics but I was smitten by the texture and colour.

I do know that it handled the pre-treatment process well. Before I cut the fabric, it was washed in the regular cycle and went through the normal cycle in the dryer. No issues or noticeable shrinkage on this medium weight back-bonded knit. It even handled the heat from the iron relatively well when attaching the Knit-N-Stitch™fusible tape.

The top was constructed with the knit (lightning bolt) stitched and the edges were finished on the overlock (serger) machine.  


The Stats

Fabric:  2 metres

Fusible Tape:  3 metres Knit-N-Stitch™

Pattern:  Vogue 9057

Thread:  I finished off two spools of (previously opened) thread.  

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Cutting table, pins, tailor's chalk, rulers, measuring tape, sewing machine, serger, threads for the machines, thread clippers, iron, ironing board, stretching breaks, and some good tunes.

Happy Sewing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...