Sunday 24 September 2017

In Sewing News Today...

I picked up some new cotton fabrics recently to make microwave cozies and here is the latest one.


I'm calling this one, "Waiter, there's a fly in my microwave bowl cozy!" Haha, sometimes I crack myself up. I really need to replenish the microwave bowl cozy stock for the upcoming holiday season but I've been busy with other projects.  

One thing I've been busy with this past week is pattern grading. And the pattern that I was trying to grade worked out! I was pretty thrilled and it has given me the confidence to work on a pattern that is in a smaller size than I need.  


I've made this jumpsuit back-in-the-day when I was a smaller size and I wouldn't mind to make another one so once I get all the projects I have on the go done I'll be able to tackle this project. I have some navy sateen fabric in mind for this project.  

First up is to fix the Eva dress for my friend.  


I might actually have to start from scratch if I can't make the skirt portion work with the new bodice. And then I need to get to work on a wool jacket for Mama R.  I'll be using out-of-print (OOP) Vogue 8916 and know the changes she likes so there is have the battle won. I just need to find the time.  

And then I need a special occasion outfit for myself. I plan to make another Eva dress in a steel grey silk with a black velvet jacket using this pattern.   


I haven't used this pattern yet so fingers crossed it works out because I don't think I have time to sew a muslin. The two jackets and silk Eva dress have to be complete in less than three weeks. Yikes! And the linen Eva dress is up first. It's going to be a busy couple of weeks. Throw in there that I signed up to enter a coat project in the Pattern Review Coat contest next month. Oy! Well, I should get busy and stop procrastinating.  

Happy Sewing!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...