Monday 12 March 2018

In Sewing News Today...

This morning we woke up to the sad news that another iconic McCall's and Vogue pattern designer passed away.  Herbert de Givenchy, aged 91, left behind an astonishing collection of designs as he dressed the famous while helping to dress the home sewists in his designs.  


"Balenciaga taught me everything I know.  He taught me to care for the details, that it was not necessary to sew on a button where it had no use, or to add a flower to make a dress beautiful ... no unnecessary detail."  ~Givenchy~


"There's Balenciaga and the good Lord."  ~Givenchy~



"There is not a woman alive who doesn't dream of looking like Audrey Hepburn."  ~Givenchy~


"Luxury is in each detail."  ~Givenchy~


"The dress must follow the body of a woman, not the body following the shape of the dress."  ~Givenchy~


"All a woman needs to be chic is a raincoat, two suits, a pair of trousers and a cashmere sweater." ~Givenchy~




"I absolutely believe my talent is God-given.  I ask God for a lot, but I also thank him.  I'm a very demanding believer."  ~Givenchy~




No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Pullover Skirt / OOP Butterick 5790

Do I need another pull-on maxi skirt?  Not really, this project is all about stash busting this small piece of cotton knit fabric with a tri...